Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Tour Day France Rolls On

You can follow live coverage of Tour Day France stages here or get great recaps here so I won't even attempt either. However, here are just a few things I've noticed at Le Tour in the last couple of days:

- Wondering why Bob Roll is wearing not one,but two, LiveStrong bands? You can find that answer from his business partner here.

- Not one, not two, but three broken collarbones today? Ouch! That was tough to see.

- Whenever they mention the "Big Boys" in the commentary, I find myself looking for Jan Ullrich and Ivan Basso in the peloton. Anyone else still doing that? Guess it is going to take me a couple more days to get used to Le Tour without them.

- Ever wondered why, exactly, Bob Roll calls it the 'Tour Day France'? It's a great reason that you can find in the Blogke. He cracks me up.

- How about Thor Hushovd!? He's gets the award for toughest rider so far. The blood loss alone made him weak after a hot day in the saddle. To get up and do it again the next day... Bravo to him.

- The heat today amazed me. 99 degrees in the air with tarmac temps of 122 degrees. Ugh. I don't know how the riders and spectators do it. These riders are incredible athletes for sure. I wouldn't make it 2 miles in that.

Looking forward to see the drama unfold tomorrow. Let's hope all of the riders make it to the finish without mishap.

Just a few small tidbits for today. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Tim Jackson said...

Gee, thanks for the plug! Jessi has been a fun recruit to the commentary. Yes, she's as nuts as she sounds.

Bob is awesome too. Looking forward to more and more from this Tour.

The Tour is always a bloodbath in the first week or so. Too many nervous/ anxious riders on narrow, twisty roads. Too bad three excellent riders suffered; Fred Rodriguez, Eric Dekker and Alejandro Valverde. Bummer...

Happy 4th to you too. Enjoy the concert and fireworks.

Anonymous said...

Actually, TJMG, I'm MORE nuts than I sound. . .it's still early in the tour. You just wait until my big butt gets there. . . . that's when the magic and the real scoop come into play.