You can follow live coverage of Tour Day France stages here or get great recaps here so I won't even attempt either. However, here are just a few things I've noticed at Le Tour in the last couple of days:
- Wondering why Bob Roll is wearing not one,but two, LiveStrong bands? You can find that answer from his business partner here.
- Not one, not two, but three broken collarbones today? Ouch! That was tough to see.
- Whenever they mention the "Big Boys" in the commentary, I find myself looking for Jan Ullrich and Ivan Basso in the peloton. Anyone else still doing that? Guess it is going to take me a couple more days to get used to Le Tour without them.
- Ever wondered why, exactly, Bob Roll calls it the 'Tour Day France'? It's a great reason that you can find in the Blogke. He cracks me up.
- How about Thor Hushovd!? He's gets the award for toughest rider so far. The blood loss alone made him weak after a hot day in the saddle. To get up and do it again the next day... Bravo to him.
- The heat today amazed me. 99 degrees in the air with tarmac temps of 122 degrees. Ugh. I don't know how the riders and spectators do it. These riders are incredible athletes for sure. I wouldn't make it 2 miles in that.
Looking forward to see the drama unfold tomorrow. Let's hope all of the riders make it to the finish without mishap.
Just a few small tidbits for today. Thanks for stopping by.