Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Bob Roll Climbs Alpe d'Huez!

Rest Day is behind us and today is a big, big day in the Tour DAY France. Alpe d'Huez. Wow. This is a stage I enjoy so much. The paint on the roads. The rabid fans. The sheer determination of the riders. It is amazing to watch it all. I can't wait for this evening's coverage!

If you missed it, Cubbie checked in very early this morning and left a comment. Apparently, she was able to get some time on Phil Ligget's computer and give us a few nuggets from their studio on top of Alpe d'Huez. Yup, I'm still slightly jealous.....

I found this to be quite a tidbit and didn't want you all to miss it:

Bob did it yesterday in
one hour forty five minutes.
Apparently he hasn't ridden it
since he was actually IN the tour.


Yes, "it" would be Alpe d'Huez. So, although the photo Cubbie sent seemed like the day was full of lounging, that wasn't the case. Bob actually road up the famous mountain. Way to go Bobke! Tim, I'd say they earned those empty bottles...at least Bob did.


And, I must say, Allez Floyd!


Just a little Alpe tidbit for today. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Pancake Recipes said...

Gratteful for sharing this