Wednesday, July 12, 2006

NASCAR Tidbits

Just a few NASCAR pieces that I picked up along the way today.

Not only is Juan Pablo Montoya moving to NASCAR in 2007, but he and his F1 team have parted ways effective immediately. Might he start practicing in a Busch Series car soon? I would bet so.

The USAToday had a great article about NASCAR drivers in ads. They are entertaining and crossing over to be placed during other shows rather than just during NASCAR races. They are also finding that people aren't clicking off the commercials so much when it's humorous and includes a NASCAR driver. When you click to the article you can view commercials by Jeremy Mayfield, Tony Stewart, Dale Jarrett and Daryl Waltrip. They are only a few of the drivers that have commercials - just off the top of my head I can think of Dale Earnhardt, Jr. (and his dad, still!), Jeff Gordon, Kasey Kahne, Mikey Waltrip, Denny Hamlin and I could go on, but I think you get the point. Companies are spending tons of money to attach themselves to NASCAR and their drivers.

Just a little tidbit for today. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Goddess Ferguson said...

Great postt thankyou