Thursday, July 27, 2006

News on Floyd Landis

Well, today was surprising in one way and in another completely not so. I was surprised that there is something 'off' about Floyd Landis' A-sample test from last week. What I am not surprised about is the way the media is handling it - proclaiming him guilty of doping in headlines all over the globe before his B-sample is tested. I shouldn't be surprised. Controversy sells.

I don't know Floyd personally. I don't know what he may or may not have done. However, I do know that he deserves a fair shake so here's a link to Floyd's side of the story from Floyd himself and from his mother, who has now had to leave her home due to the media pressure.

Here's a link to a reporter that I admire very, very much, Bicycling's Joe Lindsey in his Boulder Report. It's very fair and extremely detailed, as always. It is well worth the few minutes to read it.

As I said, I don't know Floyd, but I am more than willing to wait and see what the B-sample, and possibly subsequent tests, say.

Just a tidbit for today. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna, outstanding job. Thanks for the link to the Bicycling/Boulder reporter guy. That is the first mention of the CIR test and possibility of low testosterone levels that I've seen.

I did not know there was an actual protocol in place for the release of testing information until both samples are confirmed. Glad to see how they adhere to that! Of course, as I told Tim this morning, I am guilty of reading all that I can find so I suppose I am part of the problem.

Tim Jackson said...

Now we head to the courtrooms.