Friday, June 30, 2006

LiveStrong Collection by Chantal


If anyone thought that Lance Armstrong would fade away into the sunset after his retirement from competitive cycling, they were seriously wrong as this USAToday article details. He's been spending much time with his foundation. The Lance Armstrong Foundation was thriving a few years ago when they came out with a unique fundraising item that caught on and became not only a symbol of living life with strength, but became a huge fashion statement globally. The LiveStrong bracelet has sold bazillions worldwide and are still selling today.

The LAF has been at the forefront of finding unique partners to spread its word and raise money for their very worthwhile organization. There is even a LiveStrong Portfolio from American Century Investments. Organizations have realized that this charity organization isn't just something this 'bike racer' started to fulfill his own needs, but that it is quickly becoming one of the powerhouse charities in the country with one heck of a motivator behind them. Lance can open, and does open, doors that many other charities can't to get his message across to lawmakers and large potential donors.

This week I saw another interesting pairing from the LAF - the LiveStrong Collection by Chantal Cookware. How did they become involved with the foundation? The founder and CEO is a cancer survivor and obviously a smart woman.

I have to say that I think a few pieces are kind of nice. With between 5% and 10% going to charity I might have to take a closer look this weekend. The yellow teapot would match my kitchen nicely.



Just a yellow tidbit for today. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They had some of this at the LAF Gala on the auction table. We bid but didn't win. It's a shame because it would go perfectly in my Home Depot Orange Kitchen.
bk

Donna Tocci said...

You have a Home Depot Orange room, too? Mine is my living room with pale yellow accent in the bay windows.
My kitchen has tan walls and deep, midnight blue tile counters. It's gorgeous. Yellow looks great in there.

Anonymous said...

I don't know where ya'll live but I am guessing close to LAF HQ since you saw it at the auction. I have seen the stuff and it is gorgeous. There is an Austin retailer called Breed and Faraday's. I have also seen it on Target.com. It matches my kitchen better than anything Pink ever would!