Friday, June 16, 2006

Boston Herald's Inside Track

As I've mentioned, I'm helping out the Falmouth Road Race again this year. Every summer for the last 15 years or so I've counted the summer days until road race weekend. It's a great time to catch up with friends you, regrettably, only see once a year. Friends that live down the road, friends that live across the country and friends that live around the world. It's a great event and the best 'work' there is (having fun on the beach....is that really work?).

This week we sent out some fun news about Heidi Bruschi, Dawn Timlin and Kathryn Nixon running the race to raise awareness for charities near and dear to their hearts; Tedy's Team and Babes Bookin It. For some of you those names won't mean much, but to Boston sports fans they mean a whole heck of a lot.

Two ladies that understand the power behind these names are Gayle Fee and Laura Rapoza of the Boston Herald. They write a six-times a week section of the paper called the Inside Track. If you want to know what is going on in Boston and the surrounding areas you must read "The Track". I have read it every single day for more years than I can count and have often wished it was 7 days a week - I miss it on Saturdays but they make up for it with a huge piece every Sunday. I've learned some very interesting things via these ladies over the years.

Today, I'm happy to say, they covered Falmouth's news! Thank you, Gayle and Laura, for not only mentioning Falmouth, but giving these very deserving charities a well-deserved plug! I'm sure they appreciate it as much as we do. Can't wait to see what you have in store for Sunday's section!

Just a tidbit for today. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: