Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sports related tidbits

Washington, Pennsylvania is showing pride in its state's Superbowl team. The mayor has changed its name to Steeler, Pennsylvania until the day after the Superbowl. This is taking pride to the extreme, I think.

My prediction is that the Steelers will win. How can someone who hasn't watched a whole football game all season, college or otherwise, make this statement? Well, as I've mentioned, the Steeler quarterback has a blog, but that's not the reason. He's got something better....a Rottie named Zeus. Hey, I did start this by saying that I hadn't watched a game all season so how else did you think I'd pick a team?

I read about the Tour d'Afrique 2006 this past week. 43 cyclists from 10 countries started the tour in Cairo on January 14th and are expected to reach Cape Town in three and a half MONTHS. Wow. I can't even comprehend what it is going to take for riders to accomplish this feat. We all think that Le Tour de France is a big deal (and it is), taking three weeks...this is just...well, amazing.

20 days until the Daytona 500, just in case you'd lost count.

Just a few tidbits for today. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Tim Jackson said...

Your NASCAR fascination always makes me chuckle and is decidedly one of the most sincere expressions of your humble and genuine personality. You really crack me up sometimes, but the NASCAR thing is just about as "cute" as it gets. I'm sure that in 20-21 days, you'll have a great post for us all to read.

Donna Tocci said...

Tim - I'll be at a trade show during the Daytona 500. However, last year I succeeded in getting a flat screen TV in our booth to watch the race with anyone that wanted to stop by and watch it with me. It was a great draw; people stopped by all afternoon to chat with me about their favorite drivers and watch bits of the race. We had about 60-80 people crowded around our booth at the end of the race cheering with me. It was great fun! Looking forward to doing it again this year.