Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Coca Cola Promotes 'Stealing'

I saw one of the new Coca Cola ads the other night. It started out cute, but by the end I'd changed my mind. It can be found here titled 'fountain pour'.

A guy is standing at a self-serve soda machine filling his Coke cup. He takes a long sip, obviously likes it, looks over the machine to the guy at the counter who isn't looking and fills the cup to the top again and repeats that one more time.

The tag line reads something like "Sip Stealing. Not a felony in all 50 states."

I was almost ok with the commercial until the tag line is on the screen. It tells me that Coca Cola is, in a way, condoning stealing. Anything that is classified as 'stealing'...is that something we want to be teaching kids? Teaching anyone for that matter? Yikes!

They have another one titled "soda gun" that is much more appropriate and gets a positive point across.

Just a little tidbit for today. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Yokota Fritz said...

Hey, the one about "FRITZ" and my adventures in time travel with Ghengis Khan is really really cool!