Monday, April 16, 2007

Marathon Monday

It's Marathon Monday here in New England. It's a wild, wild day here, too. Temps are in the mid-to upper 40s, which would normally be perfect for the runners. However, there is driving rain and wind gusts up to 50+mph.

The race is still set to go at an earlier time than normal (for years it's gone off at noon). This year it's 9:25am for the wheelchair race start. 9:35am for women. 10am for men. That's a little over 2 hours to go from now, but they aren't predicting that the winds will die down at all by that time.

I have a special place in my heart for the marathon and I know the race director is the best in the business, but I just hope everyone is safe today. Watch those flying branches everyone and be safe.

Just a windy tidbit today. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wore my "Boston" shirt that lists all the cool things about Boston (including the Marathon) on it in honor of Marathon Monday!

Being Healthy And Loving Yourself said...

Thanks for writingg