Monday, February 06, 2006

Superbowl wrap-up

Congrats to Zeus' dad, Ben, on the Steelers' Superbowl win. I must say that I'm glad all the hype is over. Although, we did not get as much of it in New England this year for obvious reasons.

I do have a couple of comments on the ads, which is what I concentrated on last night. I'm sure you can view the ads many places, but here's one link that lists them by quarter and you can vote on them, too. There may be many places that rate the ads, but I've been using USAToday's Ad Meter for a few years because they have rankings first thing in the morning and are usually in line with what I think. They weren't far off this year either.

My favorite ranked number 6 on their list. Budweiser's 'Streaker' was a very cute ad that wasn't offensive, but made me giggle. Budweiser got me again in the third quarter with "Barn", which ranked number 2 on USAToday's list. This wasn't funny, just touching.

Where I didn't agree was with their 35th pick. Toyota's commercial for their Hybrid Camry showed a bilingual dad and son. Bravo! This is a company that is 'getting it' in their advertising. I had them ranked much higher in my mind, but I guess it wasn't entertaining enough for the audience. However, as a marketer, I thought they were right on.

Those were my three favorites. What were yours?

Just a post-game tidbit for today. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Tim Jackson said...

You rock!