Sunday, December 10, 2006

Where have you been?

Yikes! I've heard that more than once in the last couple of weeks. I didn't mean to abandon the blog, but sometimes it just happens. It stared with a 24-hour flu, which turned into a week and a half cold - neither of which inspired me to blog. I did, however, get addicted to CSI: Miami since there was a marathon on one of the weekends I was out of it with the cold. I started thinking it was hokey (I love the original CSI and have a friend who works on the show, but David Caruso kind of annoyed me), but it was either that or football, football, football. I'm sorry to my football loving friends (you know who you are), but I needed something else. Well, Mr. Caruso and his team grew on me. I'm now addicted. If any of you are interested, they are playing an episode a night on A&E now. It's perfect for us addicts. Hey...there are worse things in life to be attached to, right?

Anywho....I've come across a few things in the last couple of days that made me smile and I wanted to share them with you. First, is the online holiday card from Specialized. I'm normally a traditionalist when it comes to the holiday cards - mail them, please. But this is just fascinating. It's "The Nutcracker Suite" performed on bicycle parts. I'm not kidding. Check it out.

The other thing that I've come across gave me a smile so big I thought my cheeks were going to crack. It started with a Google Alert for "Tyler Hamilton" with the Cyclingnews.com article, "Tyler Hamilton Meets His New Tinkoff Teammates". I clicked on it and found this photo. Rock on, Tyler!

Just a little tidbit for today. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure are a weird one, Donna. You like NASCAR but not football. What is wrong with you???? Football rocks! A couple of ways it is better than NASCAR: You can see the players. They wear tight pants.

HAha! Try the football with a fan & I guarantee you'll like it. Or go to a game live

Tim Jackson said...

I'm sorry sweetheart, for the first time ever I have to disagree with you on something; David Caruso is quite possibly the worst actor ever! Ever notice how he has to deliver his lines squinting and with his head lowered or cocked to the side? Do the lines hurt him as much as they hurt me? I wonder...

Yokota Fritz said...

I was wondering where you've been, and I'm glad you're better. Welcome back to the land of the living.

My wife is a big fan of Caruso, so she didn't appreciate it when one of her sisters and I started making fun of Caruso during Thanksgiving, with his ridiculous overacted poses and every line pronounced like he's in a Shakespearean play. I don't think he's the worst actor -- I think he's just hilarous fun to watch! :-)