Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Cycling Tidbits

Jonathan Maus has decided to take a step back from his blog Just Riding Along to focus on a few other things like his growing family and his fabulous Bike Portland blog. If you are a cyclist in Portland or will be visiting the city, this blog is a must read. He's graciously told readers of JRA that they can get a bit of a cycling fix here so I best not disappoint! Here are a few tidbits --

In a week the Liberty Mutual Cyclo-Cross Nationals will be in New England! The four-day event will be held at Roger Williams Park in Providence, Rhode Island. The fun all starts December 9th. If you are in the neighborhood don't miss it.

Tim Jackson is on my 'smart cookie' list for a lot of reasons. One is that he has great ideas and then makes them happen. His latest brilliant idea can be witnessed over at the new collaborative blog he's started with other cycling industry marketing folks. Even though I'm a complete newbie to this process I agreed to be a contributor, too. I think it is going to be fun working with the talented group of people he's put together.

There has been a lot of talk lately about the title sponsor of the Tour of California. If you haven't read Bicycling's Joe Lindsey's article from November 15, give it a read. I learn something new just about every time I read Joe's Boulder Report.

The Tour de Georgia is April 18-23, 2006. They just announced the route for this year, which you can see on this map or read about at cyclingnews.com.

Just some cycling tidbits for today. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Tim Jackson said...

Jeez... I'm blushing again.

Yes, there is a lot to talk about these days. Well, that is when I can tear myself away from the primary job at hand of running a bike company. It's a challenge indeed.

Jonathan is leaving a big void because he started something really exciting. His JRA was one of the main inspirations for the new collaborative blog. I thoroughly enjoyed working with him at JRA and sincerely hope to again some day.