Monday, April 03, 2006

Oh, to have Heineken's budget!

B.L. Ochman has an interesting post about Heineken's latest launch. Apparently, they solicited people to try their new beer via email. It's great that they targeted at least one influential blogger (maybe more, I haven't looked it up at all). I'm sure they sent solicitations to media folks, too. I would think pitching free beer is a little tricky, but that's their job, not mine, so they must know what they are doing. I'm sure with every pitch they send they cross their fingers that they are not offending anyone.

What I can't get over is the presentation. Look at the photo again. A chilled bottle and an opener came in that metal case. One bottle. One opener. Chilled. Cha-ching! Cha-ching! Because you know that B.L. isn't the only person they sent this to.

Why can't we all have budgets like that for our launches? Seriously. Ok, it's not like I'm going to put a lock in a case like that, but I'd be able to make the gazillions they spent on this go a long, long way if it were my budget. Couldn't you?

Just a little tidbit for today. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: